.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the simple life

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Born to play

"Parker: Troy! Mac Parker. Ever hear of Planet of the Apes?
Troy McClure: Uh ... the movie or the planet?
Parker: The brand-new multimillion dollar musical. And you are starring ... as the human.
Troy McClure: It's the part I was born to play, baby!"
- The Simpsons


I'm keeping this short so that I can devote myself to some serious PLAY.

Today, I am home alone. No, my mother didn't run away. She took a coach to Kapital KL to spend some quality time with relatives.

Playing mahjong.

Even my mother has a life.

We were born to play. Hence, the name 'Born Loser' for some of us.

I am looking for a playground for adults.

Is there such a thing?

Some have suggested clubs and nightspots. Well apart from the problems of excruciating smoke, bad actors and eternal damnation, I have a strange visual ailment that renders everyone much more attractive than they actually look. Also, as a rule of thumb, I generally avoid activities that involve bodily fluids.

I sweat like a pig.

I cannot remember the last time where I really played hard and enjoyed myself. It's time that I dedicate myself wholly to this issue of PLAY and get my priorities right. It will be great to observe kids and I am sure I have a lot to learn from them.

Well, I wish you sweet pranks, foolish senses, continual pretty madness and great great fun.

On my command, unleash Hell.

3 Comments:

At 10/15/2004 10:13:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Isaiah
How do you like to play like a kid? I recently read an article about a 75 years old lady having a mind of a 17 years old. She is not asking for charity but just want to embrace life in a different way.
Would you consider work a play or play a work.
Play, Play and Play.

 
At 10/16/2004 01:16:00 AM, Blogger isaiah_sg said...

Hi Hillary and Anonymous,

Thanks for popping by. Really good to have comments from visitors. Hillary, I will get to your blog and post some juicy comments. Anonymous, you sound like a person, dare i say friend, that just asked me a question.

Anyhow, thanks again and rock on.

 
At 10/16/2004 08:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Signing in...Ed

 

Post a Comment

<< Home