.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the simple life

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Monday, January 10, 2005

Of Trays and Man

I was at Tiong Bahru Plaza food court when this happened.

2 ladies were sitting at a table. They had just bought their food. One of them cleared her tray and put the plates of food on her clean and uncluttered table. With the empty tray in her hand, she looked around. She spotted the table next to her. There was a couple there eating away. There was an empty tray on their table and some dirty plates, probably left behind by the previous occupants.

So this lady, went over to their table and asked nicely whether she could put her tray on their table. They said yes and so she put her tray on their dirty, messy table and went back to her clean, uncluttered table.

Hmmm. I don't know about you but I find this strange.

It's like I have a empty box in my clean and uncluttered home. I want to get rid of it and I noticed my neighbor's house is dirty and cluttered. And so, I will just walk over and ask them nicely, "Would you mind if I put this box in your house"?

Should I do this or should I just walk over to the nearest disposal bin and throw it away myself?

I dont' get it.

1 Comments:

At 1/15/2005 10:50:00 PM, Blogger isaiah_sg said...

Hello, my feline friend, you're always such a dear. Thanks for putting it so succinctly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home