.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the simple life

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Monday, February 28, 2005

Meaningful rituals

Some of my friends took the extra mile in attending my baptism. It was early, it was far and it was a Sunday.

I'm truly grateful.

Makes me reflect on the weddings of friends I've missed, where I could have been there if I had tried harder.

I never took their rituals seriously, preferring to think that my presence was unnecessary. But as I speak, there are 3 weddings this year that I have committed to attend.

I do wish weddings are more simpler and minimalist affairs. Easy to organise, less stressful, small guest list, cheaper and more meaningful.

For my baptism, I invited only special friends to witness my baptism; Christians who would hold me accountable to my Christian walk as well as non-Christians who I wanted to share God's love with. It was meaningful for me, although I don't know how it was for them. I guess it's up to me to remind them why they were there.

For my wedding, if it has to come to that, I want to be absolutely clear on why I'm inviting people. In any case, barring violent protests from significant half, it will be a simple, spiritual and small ceremony.

So help me God.

1 Comments:

At 3/01/2005 08:57:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, we'll be coming for your wedding too...someday....unless eloping is your choice of celebration...ernie n hunk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home