.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the simple life

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Hell is 57 varieties

"Perhaps the happiest people are those who do not have much choice..."

This article says something that is close to my heart.

Ever since I've embarked on the journey of a simple life, I've been trying to enforce more restrictions in life.

For example, I usually have yong tow foo or fish soup for lunch. I wanted a system where I have yong tow foo on mondays, wednesdays and fridays. And fish soup on tuesdays and thursdays. Saturdays and sundays, I enjoy more variety.

I've not been successful, except for the weekends of course. Blame it on Subway and Pasta Mania.

I tried not going to libraries, limiting myself to the books I have not read at home. With the opening of the Bukit Merah Library last weekend, my plan was blown to pieces but it landed me Michael Chabon's The Final Solution, Mikael Niemi's Popular Music, Caldwell/Thomason's The Rule of Four.

One area where I have enjoyed some success is in the area of films. I have been going to the cinema less liberally. As a result, I've been watching more television programs: Battlestar Galactica, CSI-NY, Everybody Loves Raymond, Numb3rs.

Spending wise has been good too. But my impending trip to San Francisco, this Saturday to be precise, will put this to the test.

I intend to fail this gloriously.

1 Comments:

At 3/03/2005 08:39:00 PM, Blogger charlieboy said...

way to go, bro. That's what you do ... go bless them malls!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home