.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the simple life

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Dance Dance Dance

Finished Dance Dance Dance couple of days ago.

One of the reasons I like Murakmai is that the most fascinating things happen to the most boring people.

"Then she came over next to me and did things nobody in my thirty-four years had ever done for me"

There are also many interesting characters that are not strictly speaking, people.

"The Sheep Man is kind of like my caretaker, kind of like a switchboard operator"

The main character, so far for me, is usually a writer and sometimes he reminds me of me.

"I'm not stubborn. I just work according to my system"

"I just hate sloppiness in money matters"

And the dialogue can be really funny, with its references to popular culture.

"People dying left and right around you, eh? At this rate, you'll never make friends and influence people"

"Makimura had bought me a prostitute. But it was only sex. Erection, insertion, ejaculation, that's all folks"

1 Comments:

At 8/07/2005 01:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sir. Check out Gotanda the actor. When he died, I freaked out. And Hiraku Makimura is amazing. I think Haruki Murakami was making a parody out of his name and fame when he said the writer has lost his talent. Haha.

S Tan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home