.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the simple life

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Saturday, July 30, 2005

The New Library

I was extremely hesitant to post an entry about the new library.

Especially when the whole world seems to be blogging about it.

Until I found myself in the photography section of the business and social arts reference section.

A couple, probably in their fifties, were chatting away in Cantonese. And they were browsing away. I was curious and I took a closer look.

They were flipping what I considered art books. You know, those types where people weren't wearing any clothes.

Clearly, they were impressed. They were caught up with passion as they devoured the books rather quickly.

All this reminds me of how fortunate I am to start early in my art education. I remember doing the same thing when I was in secondary school, even exposing some of these great works to my fellow schoolmates.

This goes to show that you're never too old to learn.

--------------------------

I borrowed these from the library:

1) Writing About Your Life: A Journey into the Past

2) Kafka Was the Rage : A Greenwich Village Memoir

3) The Power of Positive Dog Training

Pity I couldn't borrow the art stuff.

1 Comments:

At 8/01/2005 04:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey why can't you borrow the art books? It's art ain't it? Heh heh. What are you waiting for? Heh heh heh

S Tan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home