.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the simple life

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Saturday, January 07, 2006

The Constant Gardener

I flew to India while watching The Constant Gardener.

Among the frequent dreams the past weeks, I dreamt about a lover's betrayal.

So it was almost painful to struggle with the possibility of infidelity in the film. It touched me, affected me and bothered me.

For the next half, I had to struggle with understanding how others have to suffer for me to enjoy advances in technology and medicine.

I had to struggle with poor people, oppressed people, suffering people.

And then, I come to India.

And then, I see slums.

And then, I stay in big fancy hotels where everyone knows your name.

And I learnt nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home