.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the simple life

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's Day

I found a bunch of mp3s on my hard disk. Almost a year ago, I ripped it in San Francisco. My colleague had brought a whole pile of cds after she found out my weakness for jazz.

I should have told her about my weakness for women and maybe I have a pile of them on my hard disk.

Among this pristine collection is Chet Baker's My Funny Valentine. Once upon a time, I had this album twice. Twice, it went missing.

Apart from the title track, I love I Fall in Love Too Easily (listen here).

I fall in love too easily
I fall in love too fast
I fall in love too terribly hard
For love to ever last
My heart should be well-schooled
'Cause I been fooled in the past
But still I fall in love too easily
I fall in love too fast

There was a time when I fell in love too easily. But it's been years since I've fallen in love and that's actually quite sad.

I think about my past relationships and I think I miss the falling in love part more than I miss the people - the guessing, the tension, the romance, the sweetness.

That's a horrible thought.

Yes, but I am a horrible person.

1 Comments:

At 2/14/2006 10:38:00 PM, Blogger Iceman said...

"Among this pristine collection is Chet Baker's My Funny Valentine. Once upon a time, I had this album twice. Twice, it went missing."

Yea. My funny valentine went missing too. More than twice. And it's missing today as well. That's why I'm typing this loser comment now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home