.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the simple life

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Monday, November 29, 2004

Monday Buzz!

I know many people feel the money spent on modern football is quite crazy.

Whether its television licenses, player wages, sports gambling, sponsorship, the figures are piling up.

Is it worth all that money?

I got my answer early this morning.

Liverpool Football Club played their hearts out against an out-of-sorts, recently unbeaten-in-49-games Arsenal. LFC was industrious, athletic and unyielding.

But by 90 minutes, it was a 1-1 draw.

Then, out of nowwhere, a young raw striker in the red of Liverpool, from 30 yards, unleashed an unstoppable shot in the 'back of the net'.

Just when all hope is gone, he took the game by the collar and won it with literally the last kick of the game (I apologise for all the cliches).

My poor mother was rudely awakened by my screams of joy.

At 2am, I had to calm myself to get to sleep.

The next morning, I was still feeling the effects of the game. I greeted many people with an authentic "Good Morning". Despite the lack of sleep, I was light on my feet, chirpy and full of life. It was such a fantastic day for me.

It's a crazy game - this football.

1 Comments:

At 12/04/2004 12:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

perhaps football has also become a "reality game" like all those reality tv. Just giving anti climax endings.
Bleh. :P meow

 

Post a Comment

<< Home