.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the simple life

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Networking

Someone asked me whether I know anyone who organizes networking parties.

I don't. What do you do at networking parties?

You meet people. Cos you won't know whether they'll be helpful in the future.

This person who asked me, we hardly talked. Maybe I'm not that helpful.

Another friend calls me regularly to invite me to talks, seminars, etc. All of them free. All of them network marketing talks. She asked me recently to send her contacts of friends who are interested in leadership. I messaged her back and said I won't do the same to this person if someone else asks. So no deal.

Another person asked me to her wedding when I didn't really know her and we never kept in touch.

Then there are friends whom I emailed to tell them about my baptism. Old friends. Not a word from them. Others didn't really make an effort to come. Someone said it was too early for her boyfriend to wake up.

I tried to organize a gathering for old classmates. Wrote a email to a few of them and some didn't even bother to reply. I didn't email a whole lot of people, just a few.

I would imagine, without great difficulty, I have committed the above transgressions to others in the past. So I'm not angry, just disappointed.

O wretched man I am.

5 Comments:

At 3/31/2005 11:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the effort to organise. It's a pity that some of us cannot meet this time round. Next gathering, I shall organise. Whether pple turn up, I can't say but that is life.. We face rejections everyday. Take care yah. cheers cat.

 
At 4/01/2005 07:34:00 AM, Blogger isaiah_sg said...

I don't really care if people turn up or not. It will be decent if they reply though.

I don't face rejections everyday.

:)

 
At 4/01/2005 12:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

argh. cat

 
At 4/01/2005 06:44:00 PM, Blogger isaiah_sg said...

You're such a sweet cat. Thanks for the concern. I'll let you know if I'm suicidal though. Don't worry. I jump. You stay, even though you got 9 lives.

 
At 4/02/2005 10:55:00 AM, Blogger charlieboy said...

it's called RSVP. Many people don't realise it's common courtesy and respect for the other person. The lack of which is just plain rude. It's like asking simple "wanna go lunch?" and the other person stare back at you blankly... for the next 48 hours while you wait in utter starvation.

i think it's this internet thing. people are getting distracted, impersonal and stoned stupid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home