.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the simple life

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Monday, March 28, 2005

Cause Everybody Cries

It seems like the whole world is hurting.

I don't have many friends. I know people but I wouldn't consider them friends. Acquaintances. Colleagues. Citizens of the world. But not friends.

So here in my world, my friends are in pain. In blogs, they rant. In calls, they speak of pain as it comes and never goes. In person, they speak a little softer. Enough for pain to cross the threshold of the unspeakable.

And here I stand unsure, unmoved and unfeeling.

A good thing? Perhaps not. A bad thing. Perhaps , but never too bad.

At this point, life is simple for me. If that changes, the blog will need a makeover. But here I stand, content.

But not perfect. Never perfect but content. Not blissfully but quite indifferently.

Perfectly content.

Am I better than my brother? No. And my sisters can kick my ass.

I sometimes become suspicious of my contentment when I see my lack of "success". My indifference to create. My passionless desire to make a mark. My listlessness in measuring.

So my friends, share your sadness, your trash, your self-worthlessness. May I become you, for the fleetest of moments, that I may become Me, for this moment called Life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home