.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the simple life

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Friday, March 18, 2005

Film Festival List

I guess the theme of the week is lists so I might as well include my list of films for SIFF.

Of Love and Eggs / Rindu Kami PadaMu
Underexposure / Gheir Saleh
Millions
The Five Obstructions / De Fem Benspaend
Whisky
Route 181 - Fragments of a Journey in Palestine-Israel


I'm taking it easy this year. Apparently, I have been saying this for the last few. It's ironical as it's so much easier for me to watch, as the cinemas are just across the street from my office.

Again, I am taking a rather conservative approach - safe choices after being sorry many many times in the last decade or so.

Whoever programmed Route 181 and Henri Langlois: The Phantom of the Cinémathèque on the same day ought to be shot. Its 270 mins and 210 mins respectively. Its still possible to watch the films as the first is at 2 and the other at 7. But I rather hang on the the last remnants of my sanity, thank you very much.

(By the way, I'm not encouraging violence against film programmers, but if some of them choose to do a Anders Frisk, the world will be a better place.)

I'm hoping that our Gallic friends at Alliance Française will bring in Henri Langlois cos I will go with Route 181 for now. I do hope I can stay awake as I have managed to do so for last year's absolutely delightful 6-hours long La Meglio gioventu.

I'm looking forward to see Danny Boyle back with Millions. I saw a poster of 28 Days Later in my colleague's office in San Francisco and having met him only minutes earlier, I was liking him already. He takes nude photographs of men and if that's your thing, check him out here. His photos were just published in Blue, and I was told he's going places. By the way, Blue is a Men's magazine, but not exactly like GQ or FHM, if you get my drift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home