.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the simple life

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thursday, March 03, 2005

NYPD Blue

"I'm gonna have such a migraine tonight because I didn't beat you."
-Sipowicz, "Boxer Rebellion"


I just watched the very last epsiode of NYPD Blue.

After 12 years and 261 episodes, it finally ended with 16 million witnessing the finale.

Thats 7 million more viewers than the season average. Which really means that the show has been doing poorly in the ratings war.

I was reminded recently, having watching the cast of Seinfeld reunite on Oprah, that Seinfeld ended at the height of its popularity. The cast decided for themselves that they would end, and despite offers of more money, stuck to their guns.

It makes sense to me now why they ended, having witness the rather dismal end of NYPD Blue. Still, 16 million is a good figure.

I shall miss Sipowicz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home