.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the simple life

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Underexposure

A work in progress, but fascinating enough to be screened already.

From the Rotterdam Film Festival website.

Work in progress definitely.

Fascinating maybe not.

I walked out of the cinema and told my friend:

It's not CNN.

Maybe I'm so used to the violence of Hollywood and the immediacy of embedded journalism that something about the "lives, hearts, and minds of those living in Iraq during the tumultuous days after the fall of Saddam" isn't fascinating enough.

Especially when its so indirect, seemingly random and inconclusive.

At the end of the film, the protagonist, a film director looks at the camera and asks "Who are you"?

I am a child of TV.

And I'm bored.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home