.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the simple life

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Make-Believe Town

I have more than enough to read. But I was in the library the other day and the quote on the back cover of a book caught my attention:

"Writing, in my experience, consists of long periods of hanging out, punctuated by the fugue of remorse at the loss of one's powers, and wonder at occasional output in spite of that loss.....I hear, as do we all, of those people who spend eight to ten hours a day at their typewriters, and I think, has no one told them of The Nap?"
- David Mamet, Make-Believe Town: Essays and Remembrances

Irresistible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home