.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the simple life

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Friday, April 15, 2005

A ready defense

Lately, for some reason, many people have been asking me for my criteria for a girlfriend.

Far too many people.

I don't have a criteria. At least it's not something I think about. I think having a criteria for a girlfriend is not as easy as having an idea of your dream home.

A door, two windows and long corridors.

Enough about objects of desires (another screenwriting term).

It's unnatural for me to set one too. What happens if you set one and you meet a girl that's totally opposite of that but she just makes you go wild. Who do you remain faithful to?

Anyway, just to get people off my back, I'll need to design an answer. It's much easier to have an answer than explain why there is no criteria. It's shorter anyway.

I'm going to quote Goethe, from The Sorrows of Young Werther.

"So much simplicity with so much understanding, so much goodness and so much resolve, and tranquility of soul together with true life and vitality."

The short version - fully alive.

1 Comments:

At 4/15/2005 04:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm, still vague leh about yr criteria. But then love is blind, u never know who can blow u away. Cheers! cat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home