.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the simple life

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thursday, April 07, 2005

INTJ (Part 3)

Famous INTJs:

Dan Aykroyd (The Blues Brothers)
Jane Austen (Pride and Prejudice)
Chevy Chase (Cornelius Crane) (Fletch)
Hannibal, Carthaginian military leader
Angela Lansbury (Murder, She Wrote)
C. S. Lewis (The Chronicles of Narnia)
Arnold Schwarzenegger, Governor of California
Rudy Giuliani, former New York City mayor
Donald Rumsfeld, US Secretary of Defense
General Colin Powell, US Secretary of State
Lance Armstrong
Richard Gere (Pretty Woman)

Fictional:
Mr. Darcy (Pride and Prejudice)
Gandalf the Grey (J. R. R. Tolkein's Middle Earth books)
Hannibal Lecter (Silence of the Lambs)
Clarice Starling (Silence of the Lambs)


This is a fascinating list. I'm proud to be among these luminaries (pretend not to see Rumsfeld).

Let's go through the list.

Dan Aykroyd. Good actor. Not the best. But I did watch Ghostbusters at least 15 times. In the cinema. No kidding. That's for another entry.

Jane Austen. I read Pride and Prejudice. Enjoyed it. Wished it was half as short though. Chevy Case. Another funny guy. I think I'm pretty funny when I'm in the mood. Maybe I should consider a career in stand-up.

Hannibal. Nothing like him. It was hell in the army for me. Even as a clerk.

Angela Lansbury. My heroine. Grew up watching Murder She Wrote. And Matlock too. They should team up and kick some CSI-ass. Love the Eureka moment as she figures things out and the big revelation minutes later. They don't seem to use this technique anymore. Shame.

C.S. Lewis. Wow. If I can write like him. He married for the first time when he was 53 years old. Shortly after his marriage, his wife died of cancer. Troubling. (Did you know C.S Lewis died on the same day that JFK was assasinated?)

Arnold "I can't spell his name" the Governor of California. I love Commando and Predator. I love San Francsico too. So he's ok in my book.

Rudy Guliani. Tough decisive leader, unafraid to make tough decisions. I would like to be that kind of leader.

Colin Powell. Seems a nice guy, not much of an impression. But better than that bulldog "can't spell his name too" of a general in Gulf War.

Lance Armstrong. Another cancer victim. But he lives strong. Oh, before I win the Tour de France, someone better teach me how to cycle.

Richard Gere. Not my favourite actor. But he's the American Gigolo. He gets paid to get laid. Not a bad deal.

Mr. Darcy. Oh, I get to fall in love. The hard way. Still nice.

Gandalf the Grey. Why can't I be the elf?

HANNIBAL LECTER! CLARICE STERLING!

Whether I am the beast or the beauty, I need help.

1 Comments:

At 4/12/2005 12:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm INFP. We are similar 2 out of 4.

Mr S Tan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home