.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the simple life

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

INTJ (Part 1)

A friend took the Myers-Briggs personality tests today so we had fun making fun of one another.

I'm an INTJ (Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking and Judging). I thought I post some characteristics of my personality type and have some fun.

"Inclined to focus on their own inner thoughts and abstract ideas INTJs often prefer working on their own, sometimes finding conversation and discussion an unwanted distraction from their desire to complete tasks in a systematic methodical way."

Yes, I have many inner thoughts, maybe too many. Abstract ideas, I don't know much about that. I lean heavily towards thoughts that can be distilled as simple as possible, for me to apply and to communicate with others.

Yes, I prefer working on my own. This is how I do my best work. I am my worst critic.

Yes, I like things done in a systematic methodical way. In the past, I used to be more domineering and lead discussions from the start so that things can be done my way. Now, I only do so when its really important or when no one stands up to the plate. Reluctant leader, I am.

"Quietly curious and introspective, they are inclined to focus on the deeper patterns and hidden meanings behind surface forms and structures. Thus, they tend to view life from a somewhat detached, academic point of view. Logical, analytical and orderly in their thinking they are motivated to get to the heart of theoretical issues."

Yes to introspective. But I'm not curious about everything. I'm not really keen on how things work - mechanically, electronically or scientifically. I'm more concerned about how ideas, concepts, philosophies affect people's lives. I'm curious about thoughts and ideas but not things.

Not so sure about academic. But detached I am.

"Having a strong sense of duty and responsibility they believe it is important to adhere closely to established methods and procedures, and will be committed to complete tasks on schedule and to the required standard. However, their emphasis on Thinking may cause them to question tasks and procedures that are not based on a sound logical analysis. "

Yes, I'm always questioning tasks and processes. I need to understand why we need to do something before I pour out my heart to do it. If there is no logical reason to do something, I will try my best not to do it or pass the buck. I only have a strong sense of duty and responsibility when I'm convinced of the importance of the task and my role in it.

**********************************************************

Friends, please feel free to disagree with me. My logical and detached mind allows me to accept your criticism without affecting our friendship. My intellectual prowess tells me also that your perception may not always be the truth but it is helpful to know how others think. Be anonymous if you want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home