.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the simple life

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Tenderness (Part 1)

Some of us might believe that life is a series of random events.

I don't.

The last series of posts on INTJ almost never happened. But it did after an apparent random conversation with a friend who just completed the Myers-Briggs test.

It got me thinking about a lot of my personality, especially how I relate to challenges and problems. A lot of that is apparent as you see me blog about situations my friends and I face.

I would describe my evaluation of problems as ruthless. I'm not going to claim efficiency here. Simply this - I can think of solutions without letting emotions get in the way. Doesn't mean I always take the most logical decision.

Some of my friends do come to me for advice. I think it's probably they like my approach to problems.

Or maybe they have no friends.

Ruthlessness does have a price.

I just attended the G12 conference organised by my church. The message that spoke to me a lot was a sermon on tenderness and tears.

It was a timely message.

"Above all else, guard your heart,
for it is the wellspring of life. " - Proverbs 4:23

I have been paying too much attention to my mind.

Not nearly enough attention to my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home