.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the simple life

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Home

"The whole concept of 'the perfect meal' is ludicrous... I knew already that the best meal in the world, the perfect meal, is very rarely the most sophisticated or expensive one....Context and memory play powerful roles in all the truly great meals in one's life." -Anthony Bourdain

Was over at The Coffee Connoisseur with the Goat Man and Neighbor from Hell. I was complaining about the brainless music they were playing. You know those elevator types, fillers, music you can ignore kind of junk.

Which brings us to National Day songs.

The whole lot can go to hell, for all I care. Undemanding, brainless, shameless.

At least most of the time.

Like the Mafia Masterchef reminds us, it all depends on the context.

I found myself singing some of these songs when I'm overseas and extremely stressed up during drama shoots late at night.

I am undemanding, brainless, shameless.

If something like 9/11 happens here, I wonder which song they will sing. If they have any taste at all, they shouldn't sing any. That's what I'm trying to say- none of these songs are real, genuine and sincere.

Although I will make an exception for Dick Lee's Home. I love that and think they should give him an award just for that.

Oops! Thinking like a Singaporean. Award this. Award that.

1 Comments:

At 8/11/2005 10:44:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha ha.. so I am the Goat Man huh. Well done sir. You'll see the horns growing out soon.

S (a) Tan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home