.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the simple life

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Friday, January 13, 2006

Indian madness

I just had probably the worst day of my professional career.

Our Indian audio/vendor was spectacularly horrible.

Even though their website says they have worked with big coporations and done shows with at least 2 POTUS (President of the United States). Even though my Indian colleague has assured me of his high level of comfort with them, in their years of working together. Even though, it has been claimed, that they are one of the top vendors in India.

Apart from their incompetent technical skills, my other problem was their indifference. I have blank faces whenever I told them off. And no, I didn't start by screaming my head off at them but I nearly did. I did however, very harshly, asked them why they had to snigger when I told them about the bad sound they recorded.

We did have an amazing Indian colleague who went out of his way to help us. He saved our collective asses.

The only nice thing about this trip was the amazing food. Even the room service was amazing.

Here's another place to check out when you're in Mumbai:

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/mumbai/D34789.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home