.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the simple life

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Milou the puppy

I sometimes forget that Milou is a puppy.

You see, despite being 9 months old, he is rather tall and long. His King Charles Cavalier genes has somehow gotten mixed up with some unknown breed so you can say he's quite a special KCV.

My mom has been bringing him around the neighborhood for walks. So he's been making friends with some doggy friends.

(My mom has been making friends too, including one "Christian" (false prophet) who claims that Christians cannot name their dogs after human names)

On some occasions, Milou has been rather shy, when meeting new canine friends. So he hides behind my mom, which to me, is terribly human and incredibly heart-warming.

This year is his first Chinese New Year. So there was this lion dance making a hell of a din downstairs. Milou was so frightened by the noise that he went mad, ran all over the house, including the bathrooms and kitchen. My mom tried holding him but he was truly afraid. My room was closed so my mom had to open it. Milou jumped in and onto my bed (something he doesn't usually do). I had to hold him real tight before he calmed down.

At night, he watched a lion dance on television. He barked repeatedly at the television.

Yes, Milou is still a puppy. He may be a young son of a bitch, but he's a sweet child of mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home