.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the simple life

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thursday, January 19, 2006

What's wrong with the world today?

Today, I had lousy linguine.

Probably the worst I ever had. The Al Funghi was like Hell Flood Me. The sauce was soup-of-the-day watery and splashing all over my work shirt.

Pasta Mania.

Right.

This is exactly what is wrong with the world today.

Some years back, The Curator brought me to Scotts Picnic and we had wonderful cheap pasta. Now, these guys are spread thin, in their chase for the almighty dollar and the food has all gone to hell.

Branches, franchises, hopelessness.

I think about the smallest little curry joint in Tokyo where The Missionary and I had the humblest of meals. The people cooked, served, cashiered. It wasn't the best curry I had but the taste was unique. You can taste an individual cooking, the fine balance of spices, the sense of purpose. But if there's one word I'll use - it's an honest curry.

And so what's wrong with the linguine I had today as well as the whole freaking world is that it's dishonest, dishonest, dishonest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home