.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the simple life

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Simply Thankful

Today is the first day of the last month of 2004.

Looking back, it's been a great year for me. I found a job I really wanted and completed a BA with some good results. I'm extremely grateful that my mother and I are healthy. And that we have a place that we can call our own. I'm thankful for good friends and that I got to travel more this year.

The Bible commands us to" in everything give thanks" so I will be thankful for the things that fall short.

On the relationship front, I have yet to meet a girl that I'm excited about so let me thank God for that. Of the 4 goals that I set for myself, I only managed to achieve 1. I'm putting on far too much weight. I don't spend enough time talking to God and getting to know Him. I started tithing regularly and I stopped that a couple of months ago. I have problems communicating with people. I'm spending too much time on unnecssary stuff and too little time reading. I'm not exercisng enough. I lack discipline. I am impatient. I talk when I should listen. I procrastinate. I do not do what I preach.

For all these, I am thankful to God.

I'm excited about 2005. I have decided it's going to be a simple and fantastic year for me. As you can see, there's lots of things I need to work on. December is going to be crucial as I lay the groundwork for 2005.

I'm beginning to believe - less is more.

Do keep me in your prayers.

2 Comments:

At 12/02/2004 02:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Isaiah

I am looking forward to you sharing about your simple and fantastic year 2005. But before that how about trying to finish this year well.

One way to help achieve what we want is to tell everyone we know that we are going to do this and that and burn about bridges so we cannot turn back and can only move towards our goals.

Have a great week.

sl

 
At 12/04/2004 12:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yes I am looking fwd to 2005 too..
Do exercise if you can coz I feel so much alive when I exercise!

Take care and have a great 2004!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home