.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the simple life

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Monday, May 02, 2005

Klaus Kinski

I found this on Roger Ebert's Answerman.

Scary.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Q. I just finished reading your review of "Kung Fu Hustle" and I have to know, what is Jack Lemmon's story about seeing Klaus Kinski buying a hatchet at Ace Hardware?

Barnaby Thieme, San Francisco

A. Jack Lemmon told me that he was in line at Ace Hardware in Beverly Hills, and the sales clerk kept looking past him. "I may not be the biggest star in the world" he said, "but, jeez, usually when I stand in line, the clerk will notice me. I turned around, and there was Klaus Kinski with an ax."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home