.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the simple life

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Monday, August 15, 2005

F.R.A.N.C.E.

Friendship remains and never can end.

If you take out your old autograph books, you will probably see it scribbled at least 200 times, the acronym FRANCE.

Wouldn't it be fun to hunt down these jokers who write these trivializing lies and give them a nice kick in the ass?

But I bet you don't even know where to look for those remains-and-never-can-end friends of yours.

Been thinking about friendship lately. It's a different thing to different people. I distinguish between friends, acquaintances, colleagues and lovers (imaginary and rarely real ones). I know others have more generous attitudes to friendship ("everybody is a friend", "if she wears a skirt, she's a friend", etc).

I count myself to have few friends and I'm supposedly proud of this. I have many acquaintances and of course, this is what I like to think.

In truth, I'm an island. Lost, mysterious and with treasure (although no one can find it).

I am a Mr. Independent with a fat ass.

Don't get me wrong- I owe my success to many people. That is for sure, although I wrestle hard coming to terms with my success or rather, the lack of it.

The Neighbor from Hell is not happy. Old friends who un-singled themselves are too busy to catch up. Of course, she needs only to wait for The Cold War / The Break Up / The Quarrel /The Misunderstanding before friends find themselves back in her arms (qualifier: girl-to-girl only and really effeminate males).

I think a very safe definition of a friend is:

Someone who sacrifices a big deal so as to serve your best interests.

Based on that, I think my parents are my only 2 friends in the world.

Of course, its hardly fair as I have not needed that much from someone else. So what this definition of friendship is most true and valid, it is not practical and entirely pleasant.

Here is a useful definition and valid till the 2nd coming:

Someone who knows you and inspires you on a personal level.

Which brings me to S(a)tan. A friend who inspires me to write, to live, to die without fuss but with words, with wit and with semantic agony.

Thanks for the friendship.

1 Comments:

At 8/16/2005 08:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Semantic agony? Ha ha ha.. I see.. sounds terrible aint't it .. he he he... I admit my poem on Sarah went a bit overboard. But that's that I guess.

Hey hey. Check out the results for 100 epic competition sir. Results out 6pm today. Not that we will win though. He he he....

The Goat Man

 

Post a Comment

<< Home