.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the simple life

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Chicken in China

There's something about the cold weather that makes me want to bite into hot delicious chicken.

So I ventured into zero degrees cold and took 15 minutes to find the nearest KFC. I stepped up confidently to order the 2 piece meal that we have back home.

Alas.

No such luck. They seemed to have only hot wings and something else, but nothing like what we have in Singapore. Struggling with immense disappointment, hunger, cold and Chinese, I ordered some wings instead.

What a let down! I looked around and no one seem to be eating what I really wanted to eat.

There's something about the cold weather that makes you do strange wonderful things - like reach for comfort, love and tenderness.

But this is not one of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home