.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the simple life

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

A Tale of Two Lives

It was the worst of times.

Last couple of months wasn't great for me. Dare I use the word depressed?

If you ask me, I'll tell ya. But no one asked. We all live silent lives. No one asked me why I stopped blogging.

I'm testing you readers. It's dialogue, not monologue.

But I failed. You failed. And the world goes by.

But in that no-so-great-life that I live, I'm yet grateful. Not for friends. But for money, for a job, for God, for that little bit of dignity - despite my being alone.

Being alone not loneliness. Mine you friend. If I dare call you that.

Loneliness. I'm afraid of this word. Not so much the word but the images that are brought to your mind. I'm afraid of you even when you don't care.

Don't share.

But why don't I dare?

I'm a coward. Afraid. Fearful. I live 2 lives. Maybe 3.

But why should you care?

4 Comments:

At 5/25/2005 10:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For myself.. sometimes i am just plain lazy or brain dead to post an entry on the blog. And I am not even sure if anyone reads.. even worse right?

Anyway.. take care ok! Meow

 
At 5/27/2005 12:16:00 PM, Blogger Sabby said...

Hope u r feeling better... I juz tot that u were out of town (again) or smthing... =)

Cheer up...

 
At 6/02/2005 12:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't have a very good week too....stopped writing for a couple of days now. Feeling low about my job. Don't give up bro. I say this to myself too. Let's meet up any time.

Mr S Tan

 
At 6/02/2005 08:33:00 PM, Blogger charlieboy said...

I have been too self absorbed with my life of balancing scales and circus hat tricks. You can kick me butt when come September. How? Thailand? We outta give ourselves some good time out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home