.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the simple life

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Friday, October 14, 2005

Prata Woman

Just the other day, I was drafting an email (which is really an important part of my work, if email wasn't invented, many of us will be out of work) to my Australian colleague.

I wrote "him" in the email and then I realized it could be construed (a strange word) as sexist. So I had to change to "her".

I was reading my previous post and I realized it said "Prata Man".

Do Prata Women exist?

In this day and age (I have to be really careful here), where it's openly understood that a woman can do a man's job (equally well or better but never worse), I have not seen a single Prata Woman.

There's an Assistant Prata Woman at Suntec City's Congress cafe. She takes your coupon, puts your prata on the plate and smiles when she feels like it. But no doughing, no flippin', no greasy hands.

In other words- not an authentic Prata Woman.

I think I'll like to marry a Prata Woman - someone who don't mind getting her hands dirty, who's good with her hands and who can make me 2 extra crispy kosong pratas in the morning (only when she feels like it, of course).

If it's not too much, I hope she makes a smashing curry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home