.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the simple life

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Monday, September 26, 2005

Toilet GaGa

If Tan Pin Pin's Singapore GaGa has taught me anything, it is to pay attention to the sounds surrounding us.

To listen. To absorb. To appreciate. To live.

Being the obedient Singaporean I was brought up to be (although some say that my upbringing was an abysmal failure but enough talk about the A Levels), I have since learnt to listen.

To absorb. To appreciate. To live.

So here I was. In the toilet. At work. (This is problematic as it implies I work in a toilet but no, although at times, the shit hits the fan, if you get my point)

And a big Caucasian man comes in. He pees.

I work in a cosmopolitan office. And big Caucasian men are everywhere.

Oh my, the sound of his pee is deafening.

Having recovered from the shame of my hushful, lightweight act, I was thinking how interesting it would be if we listened carefully to the pee of different nationalities.

I'm sure this will make a most interesting documentary. After all, I'm sure some will find this a most absorbing subject.

To appreciate.

Naturally, filming this will pose some challenges. Wisely, I will not film this at work as I'm sure many of my colleagues will not find this conducive to workplace harmony. I will say this, shamefully- art will have to make way for the monthly pay cheque. I need to keep my job.

To live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home