.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the simple life

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Friday, January 28, 2005

Everytime We Say Goodbye

Isn't BBC simply wonderful?

I'm listening to a Radio 2 show on-demand on the internet. It's Lulu presenting "the world's best love songs from the fifties to now".

As I type this, it's Ellan Fitzgerald on the playlist with "Everytime We Say Goodbye".

When I broke up with my one proper girlfriend in my life, I gave her a CD I made with iTunes. I have erased the playlist but here are some songs I remembered:

Alone Again (Naturally) - Gilbert O' Sullivan
It's So Hard to Say Goodbye - Boyz II Men
When I Fall in Love - Nat King Cole
I Try - Macy Gray
You'll be in My Heart - Phil Collins
You'll Never Walk Alone - Gerry & the Pacemakers

It was damm theraupeutic. I got the idea from Nick Hornby's High Fidelity. I cried a lot when I was putting the mix together. But it felt damm good after doing it. And looking back, it's very funny actually. I'm glad to have done it.

Since then, I have done some mix CDs for my friends. One liked his (thanks, Satan), the others are culturally inept.

Of course.

Now I'm inspired to make some CDs for friends.

And maybe one for the future partner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home