.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the simple life

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Holland V

There is some major construction work going on at the Village in Holland.

I think there are at least 2 car parks demolished for the LTA's work on the Circle Line.

Despite passing by Holland V many times, I have not given much thought to all this reconstruction.

Until I saw that KFC was no more and replaced by a Crystal Jade Xiao Long Bao.

Feels strange.

Not that we can do without one less KFC, but that one was special.

You see, I used to hang out at Holland V since my secondary school was in the area. Must have spent hours in that place.

Chilling, having lunch, reading comics, reading my weekly fix of Smash Hits, oggling at girls, you know the things that guys do when they're younger.

All the KFCs in the country can close for all I care, but this one is special, alongside the one at Kallang.

I remembered when I was in the scouts, we toured the Kallang KFC, as part of an educational trip. By the way, when I was in the scouts, people always make fun of us by saying we "curi ayam". Don't think we stole any chickens that day though.

Anyway, it just feels very strange that KFC is gone from its corner at Holland V.

(As I'm contemplating my next sentence, LAUNCHCAST plays Sarah Mclachlan's I Will Remember You)

Strange.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home