.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the simple life

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Monday, August 22, 2005

Day 33

I'm slowly getting the hang of it.

Milou is too clever for its crate. Actually, he is too clever for me.

On several occasions, I reach home, only to find him out of his topless crate and happily running around, messing things up.

So for a while, I put him under my table, so as to prevent him from jumping out. Soon enough, he has learnt to push the crate so that he can jump out of the opening created.

So I had to try something else.

My mom reached home one day from her Buddhist retreat and called me and asked me why I put poor Milou under the table and a chair with 16 kg weights in front of the crate.

Before I could answer, Milou - the strongest dog in the world, managed to push the 16 kg weighted chair away and jumped out of the crate.

He ran out of the room.

That was what my mother screamed into the phone, with amazement, wonder and some humor.

Welcome back to the real world Ma.

Now we leave Milou in the crate, but he's leashed to a table leg next to it.

Last Saturday, I left Milou alone for 2 hours. Later, my mom told me that she came home to find Milou out of the crate. He was sitting on a chair next to the crate, looking really comfortable. He didn't even bother to get up when my mom came home.

Next up - I'm going to have to dog-proof the kitchen so that Milou can stay safe and have some space when we have to leave him alone for a longer period of time.

1 Comments:

At 8/25/2005 09:00:00 AM, Blogger Sabby said...

Simply falling in love with your dog.... :D

Utterly adorable... Wish I could rear one too...

Can I have yours? =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home