.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the simple life

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Shoot the Dog

On my good days, I think I'm funny.

Must have got it from Mum.

This morning, I told her to bring Milou to the market for a walk.

Now, Milou doesn't have a dog collar since I don't have a cheque book to pay the AVA $14.

$70 for a bitch.

So my mom refused, saying that if Milou goes out, he might be shot as an unlicensed dog.

Background- my cousin's unlicensed dog was fatally shot by the authorities in the law-abiding, shoot-first-ask-questions-later country known as Malaysia (blame it on the colonization mentality- remember the poor Brazilian man shot by the Brits).

Still, I can't imagine Milou, a small lovable puppy, taking a walk at the neighborhood market, being shot at.

Run, Milou, Run.

1 Comments:

At 8/17/2005 02:40:00 PM, Blogger Sabby said...

Dun worry... Nothing will happen... My dog used to be unlicensed too... Think army Mentality. Just don't get caught.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home