.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the simple life

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Local telly

I came home early because my mother had a sudden craving for pizza.

She doesn't want to call and she couldn't finish anyway which was why she needed me.

Apart from fufilling my duties as a filial son, I wanted to come home to catch Extreme Japan and Tiramisu.

Actually, I came home early to see Erica Lee in a white bikini.

Anyway, Extreme Japan wasn't extreme at all. It was more like Boring Tame Japan. I still don't understand why they can't be at Yoyogi Park when they were at Shinjuku. (Probably because they were there during weekdays)

Tiramisu was not much better. Looked pretty and all that (all our local shows seemed to have the same DP and colorist who only use the same warm tones) but the script and story wasn't any good. One moment that spoilt it all for me was when the aunt was scolding her nephew for not paying enough attention to his restaurant. She was implying that the reason was due to his father (probably dead). That was really clumsy and reminds me of all the bad Channel 8 shit.

At the end of the story, we see Sharon Au asleep on the male lead's shoulder. Thought I saw the same thing in Chase (at least in the trailer).

Maybe we have the same scriptwriter writing our scripts. Isn't that brilliant?

Mediacorp is really a strange animal. As I blog, it's showing ABC's Eyes. A strange decision considering the network cancelled the series and only showed 5 episodes in the US. Hmm, unless they managed to get their hands on the rest of the season's episodes, which some would have been shot. Of course, I have seen all 5 episodes already in April and it's good.

I hope Erica and her white bikini appear soon before I experience more Stay Home And Cry Tuesdays.

(Added: Also, check out the tasteless, horrible product placement for Marigold HL milk in Tiramisu. Ugh! )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home