.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the simple life

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Handkerchief

"A man with a handkerchief? I didn't know they made those anymore."
- Jennifer Lopez, Shall We Dance

A quick survey.

How many of you men use a handkerchief?

Seems like us hankies men are the minority.

If you ask why I carry a hanky, I will tell you:

1. I sweat a lot
2. My dad carries one and so do I.

I have been faithfully carrying a hanky since I started primary school.

I probably would have carried it to kindergarten if in the first place, I have gone to kindergarten.

I always feel naked the few times I don't have a hanky with me. It's like not wearing panties.

Today I was at Robinson's with a friend. I was shocked to find that they carry a pathetic range of handkerchief. It was miserable. It wasn't even displayed properly, just scattered amongst a bin near the cashier.

Robinson's, the last standing bastion of classic men's fashion.

It's confirmed.

I belong to a dying breed.

5 Comments:

At 2/02/2005 11:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha this is funnie. It's rare to find pple using hankys. Instead of saying dying breed, the positive way is the unique breed. Feels better??? Meow. Haapy New Year!

 
At 2/03/2005 09:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hunk uses handkerchiefs too. i remember when we first got married and i was bumming around jobless, i used to play the role of diligent wife and iron his handkerchiefs dutifully...after 4 years of marriage and me having a 'real' job, now it's to each his/her own..hahaha..we just iron whatever we ourselves need to wear for the day..and for hunk, that means ironing his own handkerchiefs too!

the last time i bought handkerchiefs for hunk was from robinsons quite some time back, so am sad to read from your blog the sad state of affairs the humble handkerchiefs had come to...

 
At 2/03/2005 03:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To wipe or not to wipe, that is the question. I need one desperately. You should not be caught with your pants down, eating what you shouldn't eat.

Mr S Tan

 
At 2/03/2005 03:56:00 PM, Blogger isaiah_sg said...

Does Hubby Cat Carry Handkerchief?

clean cat...

 
At 2/03/2005 08:19:00 PM, Blogger charlieboy said...

i tried carrying one when i was in secondary school. due to some girl who gave me one. I still have it stashed away somewhere, probably lost by now. Apart from that, never really a hanky person. The thought of having some cloth stained with mucus, sweat and laksa saliva sitting like a ball bulging from my pocket is not my idea of cool... And I am not very disciplined at folding it properly, so there goes... heck i don't even bring tissue packs... thank God I'm now in a dry climate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home